Pages

15 September 2010

Forgotten Dream

I am INFP personality person. I did my own research from Internet and found out that my profession doesn’t suit my personality. It said INFP type doesn’t belong to the 9 to 5 world due to clash of values and beliefs.

INFP loves job with a purpose of helping others. Flexibility in job without much restriction in rules is a dream come true for this type.

Truth to be told, I know for long that I don’t belong to my current profession. There had been many times I said to myself,
“Do I really like this work?”
“Do I like working in corporate world?”
“I can’t find happiness in my work”

Back to my student days, I always follow my heart to pursue my dream. It all started to change when I enroll to college. I studied a course chosen and forced by my family as they strongly opposed my chosen course. I obtained a good grade but was never happy…

Soon, I landed a job suited with my qualification. Looking back, it’s almost 5 years since I joined the working world and abandoned my dream.

I felt something is missing from my life. I am like a rat running inside a wheel but couldn’t get out of it. The consolation prize is I didn’t feel dead yet but I know it’s just a matter of time. Something's got to give way… a change is needed. It’s time to re-capture and re-connect with my true self.