Pages

05 August 2010

Reunion With Old Flame

Things are funny. There are places, which remind us of old flames. There are certain memories flashback connected with the place. However, there are memory that we can only remember when meet up with old flames again. It happens to me.

Yesterday, I go to a complex after work. It’s a sudden decision I made while on my way back home. The last time I went there was few years’ back.

I stroll around the complex while reminiscing my past. Then, I saw a familiar figure whom I haven't see for nine years. A figure who made me have butterflies in the stomach. I met her for the first time at this complex nine years ago. And here she is, my old flame, in front of me at the same place after nine years.

The first thought crossed my mind is, “She has changed. She used to be slightly plump but she is thinner now.”

The shine in her eyes is same like nine years ago. Those kind of look that “kills” me nine years ago and acts as a memory trigger. I remembered something.

I was involved in a road accident nine years before. I drive fast and hit divider while cornering. This accident brings serious injury to me. I had skull fracture and internal bleeding. I gone through a surgery and hospitalised for one week. I was in coma for two days after the surgery.

Whenever friends ask the cause of the accident, I always mention careless driving. I had somehow forget all about it…the real cause.